Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm back

Came back yesterday. Couldn't sleep on the flight from Boston to Amsterdam. And then, in Amsterdam, we sat in the plane for a long time, on the ground because of technical problems. Then we had to de-plane and re-board. Exhausted, still running my mystery fever (16 days and counting) which seemed to have burned up all my motivation and energy. I need to make a doctor's appointment and just can't find the energy within myself. Feeling sorry for myself doesn't help...but boy it sure does feel good.

I come back with mixed feelings. Back home, to my space, to my crazy dog, to the wonderful scenery. But also really homesick for the U.S., especially since it's election time and all the Obama excitement :-(. Can't have it all....which is so not fair.

No comments: