Monday, January 30, 2006

I'm melting....I'm melting

There are days...oh who am I kidding?...weeks, sometimes months when I wish I could melt away. Dissolve into nothingness, seep away beneath the floorboards...slowly drift away.

Of course, it's no coincidence that this happens a lot around my birthday. So...the 26th has come and gone and I've discovered no new wrinkles on my face nor any new grey hairs.

I am being reconstituted now, also slowly. If the dissolve is slow, how can the opposite be fast?

My editor informed me she'd start working on the manuscript around the end of the month (now?) and I should see it for review middle of Feb. I can hardly wait. I want to see the cover. I want to print it out and frame it even if it is ugly and they refuse to change it? I am alternately excited and horrified at seeing her edits....it's like someone giving your baby injections...you know it's needed but damn! it's hard to look on.

I have some travel coming up too. But today I want to sleep...early.

No comments: