Monday, November 19, 2007

Middle name tag

Since no-one tagged me for this one (*sobs* why doesn't anyone like me? *sniff*) I decided I would follow it from Dipali's blog, and tag myself (how pathetic does that sound?)



I actually have a middle name though I rarely use. It's Khadija. So I guess now I have to parse it by each letter.



K: Keel, as in even-keeled. So many people consider me to be this way that I thought I'd embrace though I hate...hate...hate this. Makes me feel very sati-savitri type.



H: Hag. That's what I feel like as time marches on, right across my face, and hair and body. Ghhhhhhhhh!



A: Adamant....because it sounds so much better than stubborn, which I am. See, I accepted it...which could also be used here.



D: Dark. As in dark thoughts, dark dreams, dark writing. Dark clouds. I can't get away from it.



I: Individualistic. I know that we're supposed to work together and be all into consensus and community, but even as I nod along sometimes, I just want to fuck it all and just march away into the sunset...to the beat of my own cadre of maladjusted drummers.



J: Jewel, that's what Jawahara means...and also I like 'em. They're sooo shiny.



A: Abandonment. That's what I fear. Through death or other means. Because I suppose as I grow older, loneliness is the big bugaboo....the monster under my bed.

So, if someone wants to take this on, please do. Otherwise, don't! Simple! Cheers all.

3 comments:

Sue said...

So that's what your name means! I did wonder. It's a very unusual one too.

Unknown said...

Yes, I used to cringe on the first day of school when the teacher would invariably stumble over my name and the other girls would giggle. I wanted to know why I could not change my name to Sunita, Anita or Sangeeta. Now, I've grown into it I guess.

Bina said...

The main character in my next novel is called Khadija.